Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hummingbird Socks

   As mentioned in my previous post, I spun the yarn and knit a pair of socks for my grandmother's birthday.


Fiber: Sweet Georgia Superwash BFL on Hummingbird, 4 ounces. I divided the fiber in half lengthwise and spun each half, then chain-plied each single to keep the colors together as much as possible. 


I ended up with about 315 yards total, which was enough for a pair of socks, but I should have been more careful while  spinning. My second skein didn't have quite enough yarn to complete the sock, so I had to rip back the first one. 



Pattern: On Hold Socks by Wendy D. Johnson, from the book Socks From the Toe Up
Yarn: 3 ply BFL handspun in Hummingbird, approximately 315 yards, heavy fingering weight
Needles: US Size 1 circular needles

 I'm happy to report my grandmother loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment